16 October 2007

Lake Las Vegas and the Backpack

We had a little picnic at Lake Las Vegas, a planned community and golf course/resort area built around a lake. There were tons of birds around us while we were eating so we shared a little of our food with them. It was fun to watch them flock around hoping for more. Selah loved it! This picture is in front of the Ritz Carlton Hotel that is actually built over the lake. We were in the courtyard area that has a bunch of little shops and a dock on the lake. It's not a huge lake, but they have yacht tours and stuff. We went another time for an interview that Jared had at the Montelago Village Resort next door and Selah and while Selah and I were wandering around we got to watch a rowing competition. They had drummers on the boats setting the rythm for the rowers and they looked like something you would see in the islands. It looked like fun!

So Jared got me this pregnancy pillow that came in a bag that zips up and has handles at the top. Somehow Selah got the idea that it was her backpack and she always gets it out of the closet and asks us to help her put it on. Then she walks around the house looking so proud of what a big kid she is. I had to take a picture, but she wouldn't pose for me, so I had to steal a couple shots. It's so fun to watch her personality grow, especially when she shows us how silly she can be.
Selah has also been making some funny faces lately. When you say something to her that she knows is a joke, she gives you this look, I can't explain it, but it's like her way of letting you know that you can't fool her. It's so funny. We'll have to try capturing it on video. Don't hold your breath though, it may take a while. For some reason I can't get the blogger video thing to work for me. I have a lot that I want to post, but so far I haven't been able to. If it doesn't work after my next try, I'll have Jared download them to YouTube and post them that way.

No comments: