10 January 2009

Sunbeams and Boy Friends


Our little girl is learning so much. She has always loved to draw, but she has finally learned to draw more than scribbles. Other than the people pictured, she loves to draw the sun. The past couple of weeks have been full of new things. I asked Selah what she wanted her New Years Resolution to be (I gave her a few ideas) and she decided to learn to write her name. So we have been practicing letters. She can already write (in the order she learned them): H E L A I O C T F P B D. Some of these she figured out without being shown. I haven't started with lower case letters yet, all the d b p q can be confusing. I think she understands the concept pretty well though. She loves to form words and knows how to spell a few already. I'd like to thank Santa for the easel, that whiteboard has gotten lots of use already.
Selah is now in the Sunbeam class at church. She is so excited about it. She had a great time and loved her first week in Sunbeams. Her teachers are the parents of one of the girls in her class. She seemed to really take to Brother Reeves, which was surprising since she usually doesn't warm up to males right away. On Monday we were talking about how she liked her new class and she said she talked to her new boy-friend-teacher. Emmy and I thought it was so funny, but she had no idea why. Her innocence is so cute to me.
So speaking of boy-friends, there's this little boy that I babysit once a week from church who is just a few months younger than Selah. They get along so well and she always counts down the days between his visits. His family went on vacation for Christmas so we haven't watched him for a while, much to Selah's dismay. She asks about when he will come every day and sings about him and even has dreams about him. It's so funny because she loves him so much, but just because he's her best friend. I think it's time to start inviting some girls her age over. :)

3 comments:

Rhett and Jenteal said...

I love little kids at this age, they are so innocent. It make total sense that Selah would call a boy who is a friend her boyfriend. Rhett and I are in the primary now and yesterday we were having singing time and only people who were wearing blue were supposed to sing this one part and a boy in the CTR 6 class shouts out that he had blue on his underwear and wanted to know if he can sing at that part too. You just have to laugh (he got to sing)

Andersen Family said...

I'm glad that Selah likes Sunbeams. We miss her in nursery. I know how you feel but the other way around. Most of the kids that are Stuart's age are girls-but he needs some boys that he can hang out with:)

Nichole said...

Will loves Sunbeams too! He and TJ and Cody are the Sunbeam Gang. Holey moley pray for their teacher =D