For those of you who don't know our little girl as well as we do, allow me to give you some details.
Selah's interests and favorites: rocks, sticks, dirt, water, sand, grass, cars, motorcycles, dogs, animals in general, lollipops, candy, mint ice cream (any ice cream but she seems to prefer the green kind), fruit snacks, tomatoes, avocados, broccoli, pasta, peanut butter and jelly, cereal, eating with her hands, milk, juice, ice, Dora, Tinkerbell, princesses, her Jessie doll (from Toy Story 2), teddy bears, her blankies, dolls, babies, pretending to cook, being outside, play dough, anything to do with M&Ms, pink, purple, pretty much every other color, church clothes, shoes, singing, spinning, stories (telling them and being told), books, taking charge and ordering people around...to name a few.
Things she doesn't love: sirens, the vacuum, loud noises, having her diaper changed, being interrupted when she's not ready to stop doing something, bed time, nap time, having her hair done (the process at least, she likes looking cute it's just getting there that's the problem), when Mom or Dad is sad (unless it's the reaction she gets when withholding hugs and kisses, she likes us to pretend to be sad and knowing she is the cause).
I think she has a pretty good balance there, she likes girls and boys and doesn't seem to prefer one or the other unless you're talking about a grandma, because grandmas always get preference, even over Mommy. Some might say that she's a tomboy, but I think she's got a healthy balance going on there. She seems to be a lot like I was as a little girl, minus the influence of an older brother to idolize. I think if she was a girly-girl I wouldn't know what to do with her. It makes me wonder if my influence helped her to choose some of her interests or if it's just the way she is. I do believe that it I didn't love tomatoes and avocados, she probably wouldn't either but mostly for lack of exposure to them. So I wonder if we had given her tons of dolls and princess dresses she would have preferred those things over collecting rocks and playing in the dirt. It's something to think about anyway. Let me know what you think.
1 comment:
That sounds like our Selah... I think she's pretty well balanced, but maybe I don't know.
Post a Comment