09 March 2008

I Love These Kids!

Here are a few pictures of our cute kids from the end of February. I've had a lot less time for blogging lately (since Hyrum was born I guess). If I had it my way, I'd post something every few days, but unfortunately, that's not going to happen right now.
Life with two kids is getting more fun. Selah loves her brother and he loves her back. Whenever Hyrum is fussy, Selah will talk to him and say things like, "It's okay, buddy." Or she will sing to him. You may not know this, but Selah is not big on cuddling, but when it comes to Hyrum, she can't get enough. Whenever I put him on our bed to sleep, she climbs up and snuggles him. I have to watch carefully so that snuggling doesn't turn into smothering. I try to let her be loving with him, without too much nagging about it, but I do find myself telling her to be careful, and to let him sleep a lot. She's pretty good about it though, and doesn't seem to be bothered by my instruction. Hyrum is good about it too, he just lets her climb all over him without too much complaint...maybe a little noise here or there. I have a feeling that he might need to get used to his sister having her way with him. She will probably be forcing him to play games with her as they grow older.
It's funny how you start to see personalities at such a young age. To me, Selah is a pretty typical oldest child, wanting to protect while being in charge. Hyrum seems easy going, willing to let his sister take charge (not that he has a choice at this point in his life). Its nice that Selah is well-rounded in her interests, so she will be able to play sports with her brother (assuming she loses her current clumsiness) and do other things that aren't just girlie. I think they will have fun spending time together the way Jay and I did growing up.



Selah's messy face reminds me of how my mom never let us get dirty, and especially not stay dirty. I guess you could say I'm pretty laid back about messy kids...and stained clothes. It keeps me sane.

I love my kids! They make me smile.

No comments: