20 April 2008

Finally!

Here are the pictures that show Selah's hair cut. Check it out!This is Marisa's hat that was found during a recent closet cleaning. She's pretty cute.
Sporting Hyrum's hat.


Lots of clips...almost all that she owns. I let her pick out the colors.


Something I haven't taken a picture of is Selah's interest in pacifiers. We saved her old pacifiers since she didn't really take to them as a baby. One day I got them out to see if Hyrum would take a different kind (he didn't like it) and she saw where I kept them. So over the past week or so, she'd come into the room with a pacifier in her mouth. I tried not to give her too much attention for it, but made sure she knew I couldn't understand her when she had something in her mouth. Still, she kept getting them out, so yesterday we threw them all in the trash. A much easier solution. Luckily, she is pretty good about leaving Hyrum's alone and only sucks on one every once in a while. Who knew that you had to worry about starting a pacifier problem when your kid is 2 1/2? Not me.

Tomboy Princess
While we're talking about "the girl," I'll share something that crossed my mind today. We were walking into church this morning, me carrying Hyrum in his car seat and trying to get Selah to come with me. She was wearing a cute blue dress and carrying the little cow print purse I made for her out of fabric scraps from Halloween. A woman passing by commented about how cute she was, saying that she was a princess. The thought crossed my mind that she's kind of a tomboy princess because inside that little purse she had two toy cars. No little dolly or other girlie items, just some cars. She loves the purse because she feels big like Mommy, but really she just likes to put stuff into things and a purse is great at holding treasures.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Love her new hair cut. She is just the cutest!

The Wynn Family said...

The hair cut is so cute! Acadia did that when we had Trey. She wouldn't touch a pacifier with a 10 foot pole, but as soon as she saw Trey with one.. she needed on too. Ugh! I thought there is no way that you are going to have a pacifier now if I had to live through your crying baby modes with out it!