This one is pretty cool, it uses the jigglers idea also.I also saw a really cool idea for a Lego cake, and since Selah is so into Legos, and it seems easy enough, I might try that. I will probably end up doing my own thing though, since I don't like to copy with stuff like this. I never end up completely happy with my results, but at least I don't have to compare it to a perfect-looking model. It is fun to create something on your own too. Anyway, I'd love to hear about anyone's creative cake stories or ideas, feel free to share!




6 comments:
Wow - those look fancy! Way out of my league! I made Hannah a Diego cake which was very easy :)
Wow those are pretty impressive cakes. Have you tried familyfun.com They have some really easy and cute ideas... like this one fish cake
Hey my sister-in-law does the coolest cakes that you can't mess up. Here are some directions:
I would look for a cute picture in a coloring book or online on a page for kid's coloring. The page would probably be a rectangle shape. Print out the picture big enough to fit on your cake the right size. Buy a cake mix and follow the directions for making a 9x12" cake. The cheap ones work just fine. After the cake cools, freeze it so you can frost it easier- less crumbs :)
After it's frozen, frost with the cheap stuff in the cans at the store. I suggest white. Tape your picture on the counter and tape saran wrap over the top of the cute picture. Trace with little tubes of frosting. You will want to do the black outline first then fill in (like your coloring the picture) afterwards with color. If you are adding any words, make sure you realize everything will be backwards when you flip it onto the cake. Carefully turn the saran wrap upside down on the cake. Freeze for a little while until the frosting is frozen enough that you can pull the saran wrap right off without messing up your frosting job. Remove the saran wrap and you should have a nice picture. My sister-in-law has done this with different Cars characters for different birthdays. The latest was Mater. It was so cute.
Decorate with more frosting, sprinkles or fun candies.
What a great cake decorating tip, Brittney! I will have to try that.
What did you end up doing, Jessica?
I think you should try doing a lego cake.
oh jared, you don't get any say ;P
have fun with that cake thing! luckily, my boys asked for store bought cake this year. a variety cheescake! totally easy and way delish!!
Post a Comment